General Refinishing/Re-glazing Process
With some variations depending on the surface that will be treated, the general refinishing process is as follows:
Stages of the bathtub refinishing/ tile refinishing/ countertop refinishing process
The bathtub refinishing/ tile refinishing/ countertop refinishing process accounts for half or more of the success of the refinishing process and consists of different stages that should all be respected in order to obtain a job of the highest possible quality. America Refinishing Pros refuses to cut corners during this process and sticks to the most advanced techniques and products in pursuit of a superior final product. On this page, we lay out some of the most important stages of this process.
Preparation and pre-treatment
(Around 50% of the result will depend on this first stage of the process)
- The original surface should first be thoroughly pre-treated by chemically cleaning it and etching it. The clean-up stage takes different chemicals and diligent work from the technician who should carefully remove all the human oil, soap, and water harness build-up, among other substances that typically accumulate on the surface to be refinished. The etching stage consists of an acid wash with a special acid formulated for this that is done to open pores and guarantee proper adhesion of our coatings.
- We repair cracks, holes, corrosion, chips, or other damages on the surface.
- All the old caulking is removed
- In many cases the surface must be sanded down to even out any existing roughness and to further guarantee a smooth finish.
- We carefully mask the areas that will not be refinished to avoid damage due to overspray.
- First, we spray a special primer that acts as a bonding agent and we let it stand for 10-15 minutes
- After that, several layers of the topcoat are applied with a professional spray gun. This final coat also consists of a complex polymer type of material that bonds at the molecular level. This product is very durable and has been designed to deal with extreme conditions in a bathroom like high levels of humidity, constant exposure to hot water, among others. The technician will spray them very carefully one after another until the surface acquires the desired thickness and high gloss appearance so you can enjoy your space for many years without worries.
Application of new caulking
- After the refinishing is done we will apply new layer of caulking around the edges of the re-glazed surfaces for a totally renovated and new look of the space.
A powerful exhaust system is put into place to vent fumes to the outside during the process. Your fixtures will be completely dry and ready to be used in just 24 hours.
Since we use top-of-the-line quality materials, the surfaces will be very easy to maintain and you will receive an excellent warranty on most of the services.